Rockset is pure magic. We chose Rockset over Druid, because it requires no planning whatsoever in terms of indexes or scaling. In one hour, we were up and running, serving complex OLAP queries for our live leaderboards and dashboards at very high queries per second. As we grow in traffic, we can just ‘turn a knob’ and Rockset scales with us.
Yaron Levi, Chief Architect at Rumble Wellness
Rockset vs. Apache Druid For Real-Time Analytics
Challenge #1: High operational burden
Challenge #2: Extensive performance engineering
Challenge #3: Joins are not well supported
Challenge #4: Ingesting nested data
Rockset vs. Druid
Learn how Rockset and Druid differ in their architecture and operations.Download Now
Why Rockset is a Smart Alternative to Apache Druid
Build Data Apps Faster
- Fast queries out-of-the-box. No performance engineering required.
- Built-in data connectors to always stay in sync with Kafka, MongoDB, DynamoDB, S3 and more.
- Schemaless ingest and data is immediately queryable. No additional data modeling.
Designed for Developers
- Query Lambdas allow developers to turn SQL into reusable data APIs.
- Specialized developer workflows with VS Code plugin and tight integration with CI/CD tools.
- Write your application using Node.js, Java, Go or Python client libraries.
Minimize Ops Overhead
- Fully managed, cloud-native service. No managing clusters, shards or indexes.
- Autoscales storage and compute separately for better price-performance.
- Optionally deploy in VPC for enterprise-grade security.
Real-Time Analytics At Lightning Speed